Mimi and her girls

Mimi and her girls
Mimi and her girls

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Words Have Meaning!

I am participating in something new in the next few months- hopefully I can keep up and not get kicked out of the group! This new adventure is called Synchroblog!  

The Artists Synchroblog (May) – The Artists Synchroblog is a group of bloggers who post every other month on the same topic, sharing our experience or perspective. On alternate months we undertake a Pinterest Project where we each take inspiration from a pinterest picture, create something (art, a meal, a DIY project, etc) and then post about it. This month the topic is "Words Have Meaning"
I chose a quote that I think is me in a nutshell and just says it all about life in general-  "Love what you do. If you don't, you're just wasting your time".
~ Billy Joel
For the better part of my adult life I have to say I have been lucky enough to say I love what I do. For a small portion of my younger life, I am absolutely positive all I did was waste time- I had jobs I didn't like much that weren't very interesting or challenging and I really did know I was just marking time until I found what I was looking for. I was very lucky, I did find loads of things I love.
I have a great job during the day working as an oncology representative calling on Drs and nurses, providing education and support for cancer patients. It is an extremely rewarding job and I love every minute. At night and on weekends I work in my little makeshift jewelry studio creating pretty rings, pendants bracelets and whatever strikes me. I actually even enjoy selling my little baubles on line here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PPennee   After a tough day at work what could be better than hammering the heck out of a piece of metal, playing with sparkling colorful gemstones or lighting a torch to put something together that will make someone smile. I love both my jobs!
Then there's my other two jobs (can we say workaholic?) the Mom job and the grand mom job- geeze, the mom job is a breeze- the kid is all grown up and pretty and smart and has given me two gorgeous granddaughters - but she still needs me now and then. Now the grand mom (Mimi) job is the best. I get to go have girl days with my oldest- at 6 she is completely in her element when we go get mani pedis, then off to shop and maybe a movie- then of course we must do dinner out. In between, play time in the local park and maybe stop for homemade ice cream! Tough job for a grandmother just keeping up.

My little one, at 15 months, is way too smart and busy for her age. Into everything and keeps me on my toes- and the floor- and the grass and anywhere we can play and roll around or she can run and have me chase after her!
So- I never for a minute feel like I'm wasting my time because I love what I do!